Subject: Re: [vserver] mounting glusterfs inside of vservers
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 00:53:00 +0200

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 11:38:45AM -0700, Martin Fick wrote:
> --- On Thu, 8/28/08, Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at> wrote:
> > > I could automate that on startup, but I would prefer
> > > if the /etc/vserver/<guest>/fstab[.remote] worked,
> > > it surely makes management easier.  If the above
> > > works, why does the fstab not work?
> >
> > no idea, how does it fail? any logs? details?
>
> It fails by locking up if I try to df or ls the
> mount point in the guest.  On the host there is
> a glusterfs program associated with the mount.
> If I kill this process the df/ls ends and returns:
> df: `/mnt': Transport endpoint is not connected
> as expected.

check that the guest IPs are allowed to connect
to whatever resource is providing the filesystem
(with NFS that was one of the typical gotchas)

> Which logs would you like to see, are there vserver
> specific logs that I should check (don't know of any)?

strace -fF of involved parts, tcpdump -vvnei for
the network related things
(try to keep the noise a minimum)

> As for the glusterfs client logs on the host, no
> entries.  The glusterfsd server logs, no entries.

maybe the debug level there can be increased?

HTH,
Herbert