Subject: Re: [vserver] mounting glusterfs inside of vservers
From: Martin Fick <mogulguy@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 09:21:26 -0700 (PDT)
Wed, 15 Oct 2008 09:21:26 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Thu, 8/28/08, Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at> wrote:

> > Which logs would you like to see, are there vserver
> > specific logs that I should check (don't know of
> > any)?
>
> strace -fF of involved parts, tcpdump -vvnei for
> the network related things
> (try to keep the noise a minimum)

I am still trying to figure out why I cannot mount glusterfs
shares using the host inside of a guest.  My glusterfs share
is served from another guest on the same host.  The share
can be mounted on the host with the following command:

mount -t glusterfs /etc/glusterfs/client.vol /mnt

so I straced this "strafe -fF" to host.strace.gz (attached)

However, attempting to use secure-mount to mount the share
within the guest does not work, attached (guest.strace.gz)
is also the strace for this command:

/usr/sbin/vnamespace --enter 42 -- /usr/lib/util-vserver/secure-mount --chroot -t glusterfs
/etc/glusterfs/client.vol /mnt

After each of the above commands started up, I tried to ls
the respective mount points.  For the host mounted mount
point, it worked fine.  However, inside the guest the ls
just freezes until the secure-mount is killed.

I do not have any tcpdump logs since all of this is within
one host, no actual networking occurs.  As for permissions
and what not, the server is wide open so anybody should be
able to mount it (and in the above 2 cases, the same host
is supposed to mount it anyway).

I compared the logs and could not find anything that seemed
like it pointed to an error.  If I still need to collect
more logs, let me know.

Thanks,

-Martin

["application/x-gzip" not shown]