Subject: Re: [vserver] VServer on Red Hat Host with RH Kernel
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 14:19:09 +0100

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 04:13:14PM +0000, Martin wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-12-03 at 09:14 -0600, John Alberts wrote:
> > So, as I suspected, it sounds like there is no patch or rpm for a RH
> > kernel.

even if there were, it wouldn't help you with the
licensing problem ...

> But I'm sure that if you sent Herbert a polite note wrapped around the
> appropriate amount of cash there could be...

no problem with that, I've done that for some other
distros already .. but again, it won't help with the
licensing issue, unless you get somebody at RH to
'certify' it :)

PS: if all you want is to have a 'specific' kernel version
shown inside the guests, you can easily configure that
regardless of the host kernel :)