Subject: Re: [vserver] VServer on Red Hat Host with RH Kernel
From: Matt Paine <matt@mattsoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 06:38:05 +1000

Daniel Hokka Zakrisson wrote:

> Replacing the kernel will void your warranty anyway, so you might as well go
> for a 2.6.22 or 2.6.27 based kernel.

Take note of what Daniel said. Replacing the kernel will void your
warranty (specially with RedHat). Also if you replace the kernel on a
CentOS machine, you will also void what warranty you get with that
(which I know is not much, but if you seek help on any issues and you've
changed your kernel, then they wont help you).

Package choice is a very political one for EL (and hence CentOS). Which
of course has its good sides, but also its negative ones.

Matt