Subject: Re: Re: [vserver] how to create a vps by a image file?
From: songjun435 <songjun435@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 13:33:08 +0800
Wed, 14 Mar 2012 13:33:08 +0800
Thank you!
But could you give me more detail,or give a example to show how to use it?
The command vserver xx build has no source method.
I will appreciate if you give me some examples or some documents!

3NMedia
宋军

From: Brett G
Date: 2012-03-14 13:17
To: vserver
Subject: Re: [vserver] how to create a vps by a image file?
Use the source method from a pre existing tarball is the easiest option imo.

songjun435 <songjun435@gmail.com> wrote:

>hi,all:
>as you know,the vserver create vps by the methods,such as vyum,skeleton,clone and so
on.
>and we must execute like 'vserver xxx build -m <build_method> ...' command.
>But these methods have limitation.
>1.vyum method
>  it must connect to the network
>2. skeleton
>  it must copy some files to the /vservsers/xxx to populate the vps
>3. clone
>  it must require a existing vps as the source.
>
>So,when I have no network,and no existing vps,and I do not want to copy files to the
/vservers/xxx,
>I just have a image file which download from amazon web service, so how should I create
a vps by the image file,which just like xen to create a  virtual machine?

From: Brett G
Date: 2012-03-14 13:17
To: vserver