Subject: Re: [vserver] Adding IPs to a vhost interface on demand
From: Ed W <lists@wildgooses.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 22:36:43 +0000

Michael S. Zick wrote:

> By design, the hardware (and networking interface setup counts) is the
> responsibility of the "host" context.
> Unless, of course, you change the guest's capabilities set, I will ignore that choice.

Just for completeness - how could I change the guest capabilities to
achieve this capability?

The proposed use case is openvpn running as the sole service - it's
being put in a vserver for convenience of shifting it between servers in
the future.  Doesn't seem to be loosing any security compared with say
running it on the host server in the first place

I like the named pipe solution also - very neat

Cheers

Ed W