Subject: Re: [vserver] What does "vxW: [xid #0] !!! limit: dfce904c[VM, 9] = 87 on exit." mean?
From: "Daniel Hokka Zakrisson" <daniel@hozac.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 05:21:07 +0100 (CET)

Robert Davidson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've just noticed this in yesterdays logs, and I'm wondering what it means:
>
> onyxia kernel: [28513.092000] vxW: [xid #0] !!! limit: dfce904c[VM,9] =
> 87 on exit.

That the accounting of the virtual memory isn't 0 when the context is
exiting, as it ought to be. Typically it means the kernel either failed
with the accounting from the start, or it's a resource that's being freed
lazily. VM should be the former, IIRC.

> I've had a quick look through the vserver patch (vs2.2.0.7) and it seems
> it has something to do with either shutting down a virtual machine or
> deallocating something.  Yesterday I restarted a vserver on this host
> but it didn't shut down cleanly due to a process taking too long to exit.

That doesn't matter.

--
Daniel Hokka Zakrisson