Subject: Re: [vserver] NFS and tagging problem
From: "Daniel Hokka Zakrisson" <daniel@hozac.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 21:35:12 +0200 (CEST)

Kamila Cerna wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with tagging on filesystem mounted through nfs (on Debian).
> I am using kernel+patch 2.6.22.19-vs2.3.0.34 on both servers (nfs server
> + nfs client).
> I have enabled option CONFIG_TAG_NFSD in kernel on both servers.
>
> The configuration -
> on nfs server (/etc/exports):
> /var/lib/vservers   192.168.192.1(rw,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)
>
> on nfs client (/etc/fstab):
> 192.168.192.254:/var/lib/vservers  /var/lib/vservers    nfs
> rw,tag            0    0
>
> When I try to mount it, I get:
>
> host01:~# mount /var/lib/vservers/
> Unsupported nfs mount option: tag
>
> Without "tag" option, I can normally mount it.
>
> Is this some known problem or have I something wrong, please?

NFS mounts typically use a binary mount format, so you can't
specify arbitrary options to be parsed by the kernel. If you
chmod -x /sbin/mount.nfs, you might get further, but it still
won't work. You also need to patch the kernel with
http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/delta-nfsd-fix01.diff
and uncomment the section in fs/nfs/client.c line 772.

If you still can't get it to work, please visit the IRC channel.

--
Daniel Hokka Zakrisson