Subject: Hashify and exclude
From: Jim Wight <j.k.wight@ncl.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:37:21 +0100

Is exclude intended only for use with pkgmgmt-ignore, or can it be used
to tweak the list that pgkmgmt-force generates? I ask because I can't
make sense of the output that 'hashify -nv' returns when I try the
latter.

For example, after (default) unification, 'hashify -nv' returns 4012
lines of output. If I create exclude containing
'+/var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject' - I want to test by adding a single file
previously skipped because /var was skipped - the command then returns
5671 lines of output. Now it seems to want to unify the whole of /var.

If I add -/var to the beginning of exclude, it skips /var again, but
there are 4341 lines of output this time. I haven't studied the
differences in detail, but /var/qmail doesn't occur anywhere in the
output. I've also tried with -/var last, but that makes no difference
over the previous version. If I try with -/var/ that gives the same
output as when I had '+/var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject' on its own.

Jim