Subject: Re: [vserver] [Q] HOWTO copy /etc/vserver
From: "John Alberts" <john.m.alberts@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 07:20:18 -0600

Well, this that's not really anything specific to vservers.  You can't
copy a running mysql db unless you either use mysqlhotcopy or your
flush and read lock all of your db tables.  Yes, an LVM snapshot is
the perfect way to minimize downtime.  Just shutdown the vserver,
create a snapshot and start the vserver again.  You shouldn't be down
for more than a minute and you'll have a nice non running static copy
of the files to make a copy of.

Regards,
John

--