Subject: Re: [vserver] [Q] HOWTO copy /etc/vserver
From: randall <randall@songshu.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 07:33:15 +0100

Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> I have an odd (hardware-wise) system this is giving me problems.
>
> The main OS is on an IDE drive and /vservers is on a LVM built of SATA
> drives.
>
> The IDE drive is having some problems.  I'm going to replace it.
>
> Most of the guests (the important ones anyway) are still accessible
> via ssh but the host isn't.  I will have to go to the colo to access
> the host.
>
> What I'd like to do is make a copy of the /etc/vservers directory,
> possibly while the guests are running.  Since there several links
> created when a guest is started I have concerns about just doing a
> tarball of the directory.
>
> Any suggestions, thoughts, or ideas on this?
>

> Thanks,
> Rod
just a taught,
personally i have tried copying Vservers but with mixed results,
especially if any myql database was involved, so i prefer to turn them
of when i do the copying (i use rsync -ac , but that might not be
usefull for just one time copy)

i always make a LVM Snapshot after shutting down the vservers so i can
start the servers again quickly and limit the downtime.