Subject: Re: [vserver] Testing vserver
From: Lars Brandi Jensen <lbj@abj.dk>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 21:05:01 +0100

Herbert Poetzl skrev:
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 10:20:34AM +0100, Lars Brandi Jensen wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a vserver on a Gentoo machine based on stable
>> 2.6.22-vs2.2.0.7-gentoo. So I just couldn't resist to compile
>> 2.6.28-vs-2.3.0.36.4, just to see what would happen, and
>> boot up the new kernel. I have vservers with seperatly :
>>
>> mail
>> www
>> mysql
>> samba
>> X ( xdm )
>> oracle
>>
>> So i booted up and startup of machine was okay. But when i enter a
>> vserver there is no processes showing up with 'ps axf' only bash. But
>> something was running. Access to mail and samba was possible but www
>> could not connect to mysql i.e. apache was running but could not get
>> data from mysql. Is there any explanation to this behavior ?
>>

> what util-vserver version, what guest setup, and
> how did you enter the guest?

util-vserver 0.30.215-r1
guest setup for www was originally with baselayout-vserver 1.11.14-r4.
updatet now to baselayout-vserver 2.0 and openrc 0.4.2. Still the same
picture.

I did enter the guest with "vserver www enter"

Trying to connect to mysql database from www guest to mysql guest tells
that connection through local socket mysql.sock isent possible. Pinging
mysql guest from www guest is ok.

Lars Brandi Jensen