Subject: Re: [vserver] Testing vserver
From: Matt Paine <matt@mattsoftware.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 09:10:41 +1000

>>> 2.6.28-vs-2.3.0.36.4, just to see what would happen, and boot up the
>>> new kernel. I have vservers with seperatly :
>>>
>>> mail
>>> www
>>> mysql
>>> samba
>>> X ( xdm )
>>> oracle
>
> Trying to connect to mysql database from www guest to mysql guest
> tells that connection through local socket mysql.sock isent possible.
> Pinging mysql guest from www guest is ok.

If I can take a guess - it sounds like your trying to connect to mysql
from www through a local socket - as they are different guests this
isn't possible (as the error message suggests). I would try and connect
to mysql through a tcp socket and see if you have any luck with that .

Matt