Subject: Re: [vserver] Status of 2.6.24 patch / expected release
From: "Michael S. Zick" <mszick@morethan.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 08:05:24 -0500

On Thu March 27 2008 04:28, Oliver Welter wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> are there any schedules for the release of "stable" 2.6.24 patches? I
> have to upgrade my kernels and if it is a matter of days, I will go
> directly go on 2.6.24...
>
> Are there any known issues with patch-2.6.24-rc6-vs2.2.0.5.0.3?

I know it applies - 2 rejects, the Makefile (or course) and one for fs/proc/array.c
(If I recall the filename correctly) - which you can ignore - it is trying to comment
out code which has been removed.

I do not make enough use of it to find problems - it boots and appears to work.

The developers do not appear to be dead - somebody keeps posting patches for 2.6.22-xxx
but they are very silent on the subject of 2.6.24 (Alpine Linux has a vsgrsec patched
2.6.23 - without any clues how they got it).

Mike