Subject: Re: [vserver] Issue with space_total
From: "srtt.be - Michel Lombart" <subs@srtt.be>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 23:54:56 +0100
Tue, 25 Mar 2008 23:54:56 +0100

Jason Drage a écrit :
> srtt.be - Michel Lombart wrote:
>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I'm facing this issue.
>>
>> On a new server, a classical Debian Etch, I've a root partition of 71G
>> and a /home partition of 750G.
>>
>> I build virtual servers in a directory /home/vservers/|<servername>/|
>> without any problem.
>>
>> Meanwhile I can't allow any virtual server to use more than 71G of
>> disk space.
>>
>> I followed http://flakey.info/linux/vservers-on-debian-linux.html :
>> |	mkdir -p /etc/vservers/<servername>/dlimits/0
>> 	echo /home/vservers/<servername> > /etc/vservers/<servername>/dlimits/0/directory
>> 	echo $(( 200 * 1024 * 1024 )) > /etc/vservers/<servername>/dlimits/0/space_total
>> 	echo 100000 > /etc/vservers/<servername>/dlimits/0/inodes_total
>> 	echo 5 > /etc/vservers/<servername>/dlimits/0/reserved
>>
>> I can limit total allowed space to smaller value like 10G but never more then 71G.
>>
>> It seems that the size of the root partition is the limit, even if the virtual server
is contained in a larger one.

>> Do you have any idea on how to solve that issue.
>>
>> Thank for your help.
>>
>> Michel|
>>

> Hi Michel,
> it sounds like your vdirbase ( /etc/vservers/.defaults/vdirbase ) still
> points to the default location.
> What is the output of #ls -l /etc/vservers/.defaults/vdirbase ?
>
> -- Jason

Hello Jason,

Thank for your reply.

It was /var/lib/vservers. I've already created a new symbolic link with
/home/vservers and rebooted the computer without any change.

To avoid lost of time (old hardware was very unstable), I installed
again the computer using a single partition and, of course, the issue
doesn't exist anymore. Right now, the 3 virtual servers are up and running !

Thank again.

Michel.

--

Michel Lombart
Gérant

srtt.be - Informatique et internet professionnels

tel : + 32 4 264 86 00
fax : + 32 4 248 12 36
mail : michel@srtt.be
web : http://www.srtt.be/