Subject: quota on shared partition, state of the union ;)
From: ADNET Ghislain <gadnet@aqueos.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 13:51:51 +0200
Thu, 09 Aug 2007 13:51:51 +0200
Hi,

  I start to grasp the quota thing on vserver. I now run vserver on
their partition (one vserver per partition), i created the vroot device
with mknod like this:

mknod /dev/vroot/<device_name> b <major_number> <minor_number>

then i use vrsetup to create the virtual device accessed by the vserver.
Then inside the vserver i run the quota tools.
So far it works (with only a glitch as repquota /  does not work, i must use repquota
/dev/hdv1 ...).

Is this setup survives a reboot ? i have seen some how-to on the net stating that vroot
and vrsetup files will not survive a reboot of the host ?

of course with this setup i cannot use the vashify feature as the files are on  different
partitions. I guess the limitation of 'in guest' quota in a shared partition is still
there ( as stated in the FAQ :) ).

--
Cordialement,
Ghislain

["application/x-pkcs7-signature" not shown]