Subject: Re: [vserver] Avoiding kernel internal routing among vserver clients
From: harry <rik.bobbaers@cc.kuleuven.be>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 22:58:21 +0200

Herbert Poetzl wrote:
<snip>
> I would say a setup which does S/DNAT on output and
> input from/to local IPs should do the trick ...

afaik, if you add a different routing rule for every ip of your guest,
to use a different table (with your gateway) it will send all traffic
for that host to that table and thus gateway (as i do in my scripts i
mailed you at first... but i do it with "networks" instead of ips)

anyway, it works fine with me, i'd like to help you setup specific
commands for it if you like...
<snip>
> once again, Linux-VServer is doing IP Isolation, so
> naturally the network stack is _not_ virtualized and
> any stack virtualization (bad or good) will be 'better
> virtualized' in your terminology :)

virtualisation of the network stack will also have implications on the
performance!

greetz,

--
harry
aka Rik Bobbaers

K.U.Leuven - LUDIT          -=- Tel: +32 485 52 71 50
Rik.Bobbaers@cc.kuleuven.be -=- http://people.linux-vserver.org/~harry

Don't steal - the government hates competition.