Subject: Re: [vserver] Patch for 2.6.20 kernel ?
From: "Jean-François Leroux" <leroux.jeanfrancois@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:20:57 +0100

 Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:20:57 +0100
Okay, found it. Here it is in case you would have the same problem.

In /fs/splice.c, you should comment :
                if (unlikely(!base))
and add below
                if (!access ok(VERIFY READ, base, len))

When running the exploit now, I get a bad address message from the
kernel and I keep my users rights only. Running it a hundrerd times
doesn't segfault any longer.

JFL