Subject: tftp server problem
From: Corin Langosch <corinl@gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 19:49:17 +0100

Hi,

I'm running a debian server using 2.6.22-3-vserver-amd64 and
util-vserver version 0.30.214; Sep 18 2007, 18:23:59.

My problem is running a tftp server inside a vserver guest so I can boot
other machines over the network from it. The tftp server works without
any problems when running on the host itself, but as soon as it's
running in a guest it stops working as expected. Looking at the logs of
the tftp server I see request comming in but then a lot of timeouts happen.

I first thought it's because of my firewall but I checked the logs and
no packets are dropped. To make sure I completely disabled the firewall
(removed all iptables  rules) but it still does not work.

I tested the whole setup on a different machine, exactly the same problem.

Corin