Subject: Re: Patch for 2.6.20 kernel ?
From: "Jean-François Leroux" <leroux.jeanfrancois@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 03:06:36 +0100

 Sat, 16 Feb 2008 03:06:36 +0100
Well, after several tests, I find that the exploit segfaults on on of
my 2.6.20-vs2.2.0 machines.

What I have tried :

compile and install the module than can be found here
http://www.linux.it/~md/software/novmsplice.tgz (link found on gentoo
forums, here : http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-659999.html). With
that, the exploit segfaults, BUT the machine hanged after several
tests.

After a reboot, with no module installed, the exploit segfaulted too (?)

So I'm a bit confused now : is the stable branch of vserver-sources
affected or not ? It seems not, from that test, but maybe I'm missing
something.

Cheers.