Subject: Re: [vserver] funding the 5.10 vserver goal
From: Ghislain Adnet <gadnet@aqueos.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 16:11:54 +0100

Le 01/11/2021 à 14:32, Adrian Butterworth a écrit :
> Hi
>
> This years LTS 5.15 was released yesterday but with a short EOL of Oct 2023 :(
>
> This suggests 5.10 with an EOL of 2026 would be a better base for the next
> linux-vserver LTS for those of us planning server infrastructure.

on my part the major perf boost of 5.16 to IO and BTRFS lead me to this one as we could
adapt with less effort to the next LTS but:

Economic Outlook    500    => 5.10
aqueos             2500    => 5.16
roberto             200    => no preferences
Tor Rune Skoglund   1000   => ?
Sandino Araico Sánchez 500 => 5.10
Thorsten Edler         250 => 5.10
roman			50 => ?

so i think majority is for 5.10 and it was the orignal plan so lets go for it !

(hoping 5.16 will be usable with this patch and a few tweaks.)

--
cordialement,
Ghislain ADNET.