Subject: Re: [vserver] Kernel bug
From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:44:52 +0100

On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 09:36 +0100, Rik Bobbaers wrote:
> > The patches I use are adapted to gentoo. found here:
> > http://dev.alpinelinux.org/vsgrsec-sources/
>
> these are an allmost exact copy of the patches i made, except for
> compiler warnings and a curr_ip_fix that i don't really see the use of
> (enlighten me? ;))

I just copied over what was in gentoo patch set. I wanted the alpine
kernel to be as close as the gentoo kernel as possible.

> anyhow, i suggest that the patch in alpinelinux gets updated to
> 2.6.22.18 aswell as to disable the bug completely.

Yes, agree on that. Seems like patches for 2.6.22.13-2.6.22.17 are
completely missing in gentoo.

> if there is a general request to remove the warnings in a grsec compile,
> i can fix that in the patch here aswell... (makes the alpinelinux/gentoo
> patch redundant ;))

nah, don't worry about it.

I do have some thoughts about this grsecurity+vserver patch. Maybe
should take that up in another thread?