Subject: Re: [vserver] CentOS 7
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 09:56:39 +0100

On Sun, Jan 20, 2019 at 07:59:13PM +0100, roman.pretory@austrianonlines.com wrote:
> Laurent,

> At first thanks for infos, :-)

Hello Roman,

> I have look on it for 60min, in this time i have a running
> vserver on CentOs7 with LXD, troubles to config to run on a own
> interface, but this could be fixed spending more time, the main
> trouble a have with the differt uid's, and thats comming from
> Ubuntu => so Lts 3 years not part of Centos if this is a good
> choice, but which options are left.

> Nice page good infos, doku, well done, but vserver is now
> running on my servers since Rh9, why did't they get it run,
> no Enterpise Disto no Debian no ... works anymore what are
> the patch for???

Not sure what you are asking here (or complaining about?)
Who is 'they' and 'what should they have gotten running'?

> And by the way is it not awful LXD posts on this list?,

Why would it be 'awful' when 'mainline' features get mentioned?

> from so much users, and I'm frustrated to get not direkt answer
> like yes working on it, no never, fuck off, anything i could
> work with, planning future with or without.

I already replied that nobody bothered to mess with systemd
for several reasons and that I consider it doable but not
worth the time unless there is clear interest.

> Did't really anyone use those Distros without systemd, for
> what if ??

No idea what that means ...

Best,
Herbert