Subject: Re: dietlibc and util-vserver
From: Tor Rune Skoglund <trs@swi.no>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 10:45:34 +0100

Den 04. des. 2017 09:29, skrev Tor Rune Skoglund:
> Hi list,
>
> I wonder if it is possible for util-vserver to work with glibc instead
> of relying on dietlibc? It seems that dietlibc is fairly unmaintained
> latest years, and the current ebuild for it fails on gcc-6.4.0 on
> Gentoo. (Have not investigated root causes yet.)
>
> On my system, the only package that depends on dietlibc is currently
> util-vserver. What are the pros/cons of this dependency?

To follow-up on my own posting here.... The reason for the dietlibc
failure on gcc-6.4.0 was due to a typo in the dietlibc ebuild ("-nopie"
instead of "-no-pie") which gets activated by switching to the new
Gentoo 17.0 series profiles which enables pie by defaukt.

So if one for now stays with the current 13.0 profiles, gcc-6.4.0 and
dietlibc works as-is.

But the original question about the util-vserver dependency still stands.

- Tor Rune Skoglund