Subject: Usage of network file systems with vserver
From: Oliver Welter <mail@oliwel.de>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 10:13:25 +0100
Sat, 18 Nov 2017 10:13:25 +0100
Hi All,

I know that this is a bit offtopic but I hope to get some
pointers/experiences...

I am currently using a dual-node setup with DRBD to have redundancy for
my vserver guests. This was a nice setup when I started with two nodes,
but as I am now running 3 pairs which need some hardware refresh I am
looking for alternative solutions to share my guest data over multiple
nodes.

My current setup is to mount the block device from the guest fstab so
the data is only visible inside the guest. This was a major problem for
me when I tried using GlusterFS some years ago.

As my budget does not cover an invest in a "real" SAN/FibreChannel
backend, I am looking for practical experience with things like
GlusterFS, Ceph or other solutions based on decent "standard servers".
Are those systems cooperating with the vserver approach and are there
any things to take special care of?

best regards

Oliver

--
Protect your environment -  close windows and adopt a penguin!

["application/pkcs7-signature" not shown]