Subject: Re: [vserver] fake capabilities ?
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 02:32:52 +0100

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 12:59:00PM +0100, jean-marc pouchoulon wrote:
> hello all ,
> I've got a vserver with Ntop in it. Ntop needs to start  CAP_NET_RAW
> capabilitie.

> Is there is a way to present to Ntop a fake CAP_NET_RAW capabilitie ?
> ( I use netflow with Ntop and I don't have to sniff the network  )

capability masking was added in vs2.1.x and it
got included in vs2.2.x pretty early

so, you are already using this feature, but
it seems not to help you

> I read something in list about fake capabilities and bind.
> is it implemented yet?

yep, that's exactly the feature I'm talking
about, and it makes bind work even though the
capabilities are not available inside a secure
guest

> I'm on a recent vserver version:

HTC,
Herbert