Subject: Re: [vserver] ipfire 3.14.57
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 07:15:27 +0200

On Sun, Apr 10, 2016 at 09:16:54AM +0700, john francis lee wrote:
> Hello,

Hey John Francis!

> It's been years since I ran vservers, but they worked
> great for me.

Glad to hear!

> Now I'm using ipfire, a linux firewall/router, and
> I'd like to try to run vserver on it.

Sounds good to me.

> It uses a 3.14.57 kernel, I see a patch-3.14.52-vs2.3.6.15.diff
> <http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/patch-3.14.52-vs2.3.6.15.diff>
> at the 13th floor.

> What does the 2.3.6.15 signify?

It is the version number of that patch, what does 3.14.52
signify?

> Is there a great difference between the .52 and .57
> do you suppose?

Maybe, maybe not, you simply have to try to apply the
patch and if it fails with more than the Makefile where
the .52 -> .57 change stops the patch from applying,
then we need to adapt the patch.

https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v3.x/

> Anyone else running vserver on ipfire?

Let us know how it goes ...