Subject: Re: [vserver] Disable IPv6
From: "Christoph Pleger" <Christoph.Pleger@cs.tu-dortmund.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 14:55:58 +0200

Hello,

I wrote:

> For test purposed, I want to disable IPv6 inside a vserver temporarily. I
> tried
>
> echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/disable_ipv6
>
> but because of the restricted permissions inside a vserver, I got
> "Permission denied". Is there some variable I can set with vattribute to
> allow that operation?

Or, the other way round, how can I, inside a vserver, add a default IPv6
address to the default interface?

(I have a problem with some software in one vserver, but not in another,
and the only difference I can discover between these two VMs is that the
first one has no IPv6 address, but the other one has).

Regards
  Christoph