Subject: Re: [vserver] Adding openrisc architecture support
From: Corey Wright <undefined@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 09:09:13 -0600

On Fri, 6 Mar 2015 15:38:34 +0100
Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 06, 2015 at 08:00:26AM -0300, Marco Carnut wrote:
> > Bertl,
>
> Marco,
>
> >> Some modifications regarding kernel logging might
> >> not be properly adapted, but that shouldn't stop
> >> Linux-VServer from working.
>
> >> My best guess is that the userspace syscall
> >> wrapper doesn't work properly, so I would double
> >> and triple check that first, with vcmd and strace
> >> which has some support for Linux-VServer.
>
> > Many little things insisted on the wrong syscall
> > number because I was cross compiling. After digging
> > deeper in the ifdef chains and some more hammering
> > around with musl vs dietlibc differences, I got it
> > working.
>
> Congratulations!
> After all, wasn't that hard was it? :)
>
> > Now that I know what it takes, I'll redo from scratch
> > to make a clean, neat patch. Is it ok to send patches
> > to the list or should I send them somewhere else?
>
> Kernel patches either to the list or to me directly
> util-vserver patches again to the list or to Daniel
> directly.

not to contradict herbert or speak for daniel, but based on personal
experience...

minor suggestion: communicate util-vserver patches as pull request(s) on
https://github.com/linux-vserver/util-vserver.

as with all the projects i'm familiar with on github, you get a quicker
response with PRs to github than patches to the mailing list, though don't
hesitate to advertise the patch(es) here (for those that follow the mailing
list, but don't watch util-vserver on github).

corey
--
undefined@pobox.com