Subject: Re: [vserver] HA vserver in an active/active configuration
From: Ed W <lists@wildgooses.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 18:57:11 +0000

> It is, at the very least, confusing for people. It also requires that
> first IP address to be NOT the public IP address for that guest if you
> want to utilize the "localhost is secure" assumption that the default
> Mysql install for example assumes. ^^

I *think* there is an option to set what IP address is actually used for
localhost?  Forget the details, but check the docs?

I'm currently using /etc/hosts with a named alternative to localhost
which goes to a 127.x.0.0 subnet.  However, I *think* that in fact I
could now switch to using the automatic localhost mapping stuff and
achieve something similar.

Good luck

Ed W