Subject: Re: [vserver] HA vserver in an active/active configuration
From: Christian Balzer <chibi@gol.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 21:07:33 +0900

Hello Daniel,

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 11:43:44 +0100 (CET) "Daniel Hokka Zakrisson"
<daniel@hozac.com> wrote:

> vserver /path/to/config start is supposed to work. If it doesn't, it's a
> bug that will be fixed.

So much for trusting the Debian manpage for vserver. :-p
I shall test this tomorrow, it will make things a lot less messy. ^^

> > Aside from that I was hoping for vserver 2.4 or some other miracle to
> > deliver working 127.0.0.1 loopbacks by the time I'm rolling this out,
> > but I guess all those sacrificial goats did not help. ;)
> > It's not hard to work around, but painful to explain to internal and
> > external customers all the time. ^^
>
> Explain what, exactly? That connect and bind are rewritten to the guest's
> first IP address (for Linux-VServer <2.3)?

It is, at the very least, confusing for people. It also requires that
first IP address to be NOT the public IP address for that guest if you
want to utilize the "localhost is secure" assumption that the default
Mysql install for example assumes. ^^
Anyway, it will have to do for now I guess.

Thanks for the quick answer!

Regards,

Christian Balzer
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer                NOC
chibi@gol.com   	Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services