Subject: vdlimit weirdness on wrong config setup situation
From: Ghislain <gadnet@aqueos.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 15:25:47 +0100

 Fri, 19 Dec 2014 15:25:47 +0100
hello,

 i stumbled on an issue with vdlimit in an obvious wrong config but i
think it show a glitch :

1/ i got a guest with a vdlimit on it's root dir /vserver/guest01 at 4gb
size
2/ this guest fstab mount the root from  a lvm partition
/dev/mapper/volume-guest01 mounted with no tagging (so the limit is not
working)

the root fs show then with df -h inside the guest

/dev/hdv2             3.9G     0  3.8G   0% /

3/ i do
vdlimit --xid guest01 --remove /vservers/guest01

4/ df still show me
/dev/hdv2             3.9G     0  3.8G   0% /

5/ after thinking out loud in vserver irc i did:
vnamespace -e  guest01 -- vdlimit --xid guest01 --remove /vservers/guest01

and then the limit was really lifted to show in the guest

/dev/hdv2             197G   15G  183G   8% /

I think this show a glitch, even if my config is weird and wrong the
vdlimit system should have removed the limit in the namespace also :)

hope that make sense.

Ghislain.