Subject: Re: [vserver] Mounting NFS(v4) with vserver guest's own IP address
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 15:38:10 +0100

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 12:06:34PM +0100, Mark Hunting wrote:

> >> Hello list,
> >>
> >> I am using several vserver guests on a single machine. These vserver
> >> guests must be able to access different NFSv4 exports on my NFS server.
> >> Normally I write in /etc/exports on my NFS server which clients (IP
> >> addresses) have access to which NFS exports. But now the problem: the
> >> vserver guests all use the host's primary IP address, not their 'own'
> >> secondary one. All mounts are coming from the same IP address, so I
> >> can't filter on IP address in my exports file.
> >>
> >> Is there a way to create the NFS mounts using a vserver guest's IP
> >> address? I found the clientaddr option on the mount man page, but that
> >> doesn't do what I'm looking for unfortunately.
> >>
> >> I am using Debian Etch, kernel 2.6.18-5-amd64.
> >>
> >> Many thanks,
> >> Mark
> >>

> > fstab.remote may help you here..
> >
> > http://linux-vserver.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions#How_do_I_handle_NFS_mounts_within_in_a_guest.3F
> >

> > Cheers
> > Martin
> >
> Thanks for your answer Martin. In fact I already use fstab.remote, but
> how do I use it to create the NFS mount from the Vserver guest's IP
> address? It now just uses the Vserver host's primary IP address.

hmm, IIRC, the purpose of fstab.remote was to have something
which is done from withing the guest's network namespace,
so I would assume that it already uses the guest IPs, but
maybe daniel can clarify here ...

anyway, you might want to use one of the pre-pre scripts and
limit your networking to the guest ip you want to do the mount
from (with chbind)