Subject: Re: [vserver] "free" command inside vserver
From: "Belinda Lawson" <briffee@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:27:35 -0800
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:27:35 -0800
On Jan 25, 2008 9:28 AM, Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] <r.bhatia@ipax.at> wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 08:53 -0800, Belinda Lawson wrote:
>
> > How can I confirm that I have vserver >= 2.1+?   I'm supporting a
> > system for a client who wishes our software to run inside your
> > vserver.  We're having problems with the memory behavior, so I
> > appreciate your help.
>
> im just guessing now:
>
> vserver1:~# vserver-info|grep API
>
> Assumed 'SYSINFO' as no other option given; try '--help' for more
> information.
>                  VS-API: 0x00020200
>          Available APIs: compat,v11,fscompat,v13,net,v21,oldproc,olduts
>

> i would guess, that v21 is the API you are looking for. and VS-API of
> 0x00020200 tells that i am using 2.2.0.x (currently 2.2.0.5)
>
> any objections to this? :)

Ah, very good.  I also got on the vserver irc chat this morning (here in the
PST time zone) and asked this.
One guy was kind enough to tell me that `uname -a` reports your kernel and
part of the kernel is whether or not it's been patched or updated to use
vserver.

My kernel version was reporting 2.6.22.2vs2.2.0.3, which, he said, means
I've got 2.2.0.3, which is a bit old but at least has the VIRT_MEM flag I
was desperately needing.

Thanks you guys for answering my questions and salvaging my week!  It's
going much better now...

Regards all 'round,
-Belinda