Subject: Re: [vserver] Mounting NFS(v4) with vserver guest's own IP address
From: Mark Hunting <mark@netexpo.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 09:14:53 +0100

>> Thanks for your answer Martin. In fact I already use fstab.remote, but
>> how do I use it to create the NFS mount from the Vserver guest's IP
>> address? It now just uses the Vserver host's primary IP address.
>>

> Ahh ok.. it was just a thought.
>
> What happens if you follow the other example listed there, i.e. grant
> capabilites and mount within the vserver. That should give you the
> correct client IP address I would think, it appears to be doing that
> for me.

Yes, that's a wonderful suggestion, you should think that should work.
But unfortunately it does not. I tried it a few days ago. With tcpdump I
see some traffic coming from the guest's IP address when I create the
mount, but immediately it 'skips over' to the host's address. On the NFS
server it takes the export of the host's address unfortunately, just
like the other examples.

Mark