Subject: Re: [vserver] Quota problem kernel 2.6.20 vs 2.2.0.4
From: Olav Schwering <osch@talk4fun.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 20:07:57 +0100

Hi Herbert,

still have answer this one, was to busy the last week.

Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 09:13:22AM +0100, Olav Schwering wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> try get the quota working on my brand new gentoo build but had no
>> success sofar  :-(
>>
>> Build a default host with gentoo vserver-sources 2.2.0-r1 and enabled
>> quota settings in kernel. After reboot I made some test on the host on
>> my ext3 partition I wanna use for my vserver guest. Sofar so good...
>>
>> Now I build a guest and entered the following commands:

> 	~~~~~~~~~~~
> should be /dev/hdv1

of course, typo ;-)

>> vs1>quotacheck -maugv -> build the usual quota files
>> vs1>quotaon -va returned -> "Invalid argument"
>>
>> Tried it multiple ways and time, using a LVM or harddrive partition etc.
>> It doesn't matter what I'm doing it fails  :-(
>>
>> Anyone out there who has it working and can give me some input what I'm
>> doing wrong?
>
> try mounting the filesystem with quota support i.e.
> mount -o grpquota,usrquota /dev/partition /vserver/vs1
> mount -o quota /dev/partition /vserver/vs1

Made a couple of tests and both options are working for me. The thing is
you have to do follow up the right procedure and don't forget to edit
the mtab. Would say that should be updated in the wiki...

> if that doesn't help, enable Linux-VServer debugging
> and pay a visit to the IRC channel

Not needed right now but may be later.

Greetings

			OSCH