Subject: Re: [vserver] Upgrading quest from Debian squeeze to wheezy
From: Cristian Rigamonti <cri@linux.it>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 11:00:38 +0200
Mon, 14 Oct 2013 11:00:38 +0200
On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 11:08:39PM -0500, Corey Wright wrote:

> yes, recently upgrading from squeeze to wheezy i encountered such error
> messages as:

Thank you all for your detailed suggestions!

> > On 07/10/2013 18:32, Cristian Rigamonti wrote:
> > > Hi, anyone has experience in upgrading a vserver guest from Debian squeeze to
> > > wheezy, while still running plain Debian squeeze on the host?
>
> what's "plain Debian squeeze"?  is that debian squeeze without linux-vserver
> (but then how are you upgrading the guest without resorting to a primitive
> chroot)?

By "plain Debian" I meant running only Debian official packages, especially the
vserver-enabled Debian kernel in squeeze (not one of the unofficial kernels listed at
http://linux-vserver.org/Frequently Asked Questions#Were can I get newer versions of
VServer as ready made packages for Debian.3F )

> just this weekend i upgraded a guest from lenny (yeah, some of my guests have
> gone neglected) to squeeze to wheezy on a squeeze host without any major
> issues and only the minor issue of re-enabling the aforementioned init
> scripts, which is independent of the host.

Ok. Besides problems  during  the upgrade procedure, did anyone find problems
 after the upgrade, in running services like apache, postgres, mysql etc?

Thanks again!

Cri

--
GPG/PGP Key-Id 0x943A5F0E      -    http://www.linux.it/~cri/cri.asc