Subject: Re: [vserver] Recent beng kernels don't boot
From: Ben Green <ben@bristolwireless.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 12:58:38 +0100

Quoting RĂºben Leote Mendes <ruben@nocturno.org>:

> It also happens with kernel 3.9. If I reboot with kernel 3.4 everything
> works fine again.
>
> It seems to be a problem with mdadm. Is this a known problem (or new
> feature/config that I am unaware) in recent kernels?

The 3.9 series is already 'end of life' at kernel.org. I won't be
persuing that line again.

An error in 3.10 is of interest, but I don't have a mdadm based setup
to try it on. It could easily be the CONFIG I've used or some other
incompatibility I'm not aware of.

My 3.10 kernels are for testing at this time, and though i'm
interested in fixing them, I'm not suggesting they be used for
production servers.

This problem could be as simple as the driver necessary for your discs
is a module that needs loading. Do you get the same problem when using
the http://www.lihas.de kernels?

Cheers,
Ben