Subject: Re: [vserver] Zero day privilege escalation exploit for kernels 2.6.37=>3.8.10 (CVE-2013-2094)
From: Ben Green <ben@bristolwireless.net>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 23:12:23 +0100

Quoting Eugen Leitl <eugen@leitl.org>:

> By the way, thanks for all the work. In case you have a
> tip jar, I'm sure your grateful users would contribute.

Interesting thought Eugen, I'll think about that.

In other news, it was not possible to disable CONFIG_PERF_EVENT in the
3.2.44 kernel. There's a build in the Psand repos now that represents
my attempt to do that. You really can't disable it, CONFIG_X86=y turns
it on again, which obviously is something I can't turn off.

I'm rebuilding now with the relevant patch in place, a simple 1 liner.
I'll upload to the Psand repos in the morning.

Cheers,
Ben