Subject: Re: [vserver] High Systemload and many Processes in D state
From: Ghislain <gadnet@aqueos.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 15:56:49 +0200
Fri, 18 May 2012 15:56:49 +0200
Le 18/05/2012 15:30, Urban Loesch a écrit :
> Hi Gishlain,
>
> thanks for your anwser.
>
> If I stop Dovecot then I have to wait a couple of minutes (2-3) and
> all the processes in D state are disappearing.
> Also the kernel thread [fsnotify mark] goes in sleep state and the
> systemload goes down to normal values.

lucky one mine was D state process locked and only reboot can cure it.

> I use the following cgroup limits:
>
> mount options:
> vserver on /dev/cgroup type cgroup
> (rw,cpuset,cpu,cpuacct,memory,devices,freezer,net cls,blkio,perf event)
>

> In /etc/vservers/$VSNAME/cgroup" if have:
>
> cpuset.cpus: 0-5
> cpu.shares: 512
> memory.limit in bytes: 4G
> memory.memsw.limit in bytes: 6G

perhaps you should remove blkio from the cgroup if you do not use it as
it seems to be  from my point of view the culprit as this is what
appeared on those versions.  As all my servers are vserver patched i
really do not know if this is related to cgroup/vserver i never been ale
to have a valuable trace on this issue. 3.0.28 is pretty recent one so
this is curious.

> Currently there is only 1 vServer running on this Host.

this is how i use it most of the time ^^ hardware issue free migration
and i keep ssh access even if the guest is hacked...

> Perhaps I should completly disable cgroup? Do you know how I can do this?

disbale no but remount it with blkio disabled to see if it helps.

> Sorry, but I have never heard about dlimit?

then i guess you do not use them ^^

Ghislain.

["application/pkcs7-signature" not shown]