Subject: Re: [vserver] Linux Kernel 3.x usage
From: Jean Weisbuch <jean@phpnet.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 18:33:11 +0200

Le 04/04/2012 17:59, Tomasz Pajor a écrit :
> +1 on this, i think about switching as well
>
> On Apr 4, 2012, at 5:55 PM, Ghislain wrote:
>
>> hello there,
>>
>> I wanted to see if vserver's user are using 3.x kernel. So :
>>
>> -  do you use 3.x kernels  ?
>>     - if yes do you choosed 3.0, 3.1, 3.2 3.3 etc ?
>>     - if yes have you met any issues ?
>>

>> thanks for your answers to this little survey ! :)
>>

>> Ghislain.

Hi,

We are using 3.0.x from beng repo on several servers for months without
any VServer specific issues (well, we had reccurent crashes before
~3.0.12 but these are now ancient history), you just need to adapt your
rlimits to cgroup limits if you are coming from an old kernel (2.6.32
for example).

Jean.