Subject: Re: Question on testing setup result
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 06:43:36 +0100

On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 05:07:57PM -0800, Ng, Cheon-woei wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This is my first time trying vserver.  I am using Ubuntu Gutsy as the
> host on an Intel based system.  After following the steps on the
> "Installation on Linux 2.6" page, I have reached the stage of testing my
> setup.  Since the instruction said I should report any error that the
> scripts show, I am reporting the error messages:
>
> root@woei-desktop2:~/src# ./testfs.sh -l -t -D /dev/loop0 -M /mnt
> Linux-VServer FS Test [V0.18] Copyright (C) 2005-2007 H.Poetzl
> Linux 2.6.22.14 i686/0.30.214
> VCI:  0002:0200 273 03000716 (ID24)
> ---
> testing ext2 filesystem ...
> [000]. [001]. [002]. [999].
> ---
> testing ext3 filesystem ...
> [000]. [001]. [002]. [999].
> ---
> testing xfs filesystem ...
> [000]* (xfs format failed)
> ---
> testing reiser filesystem ...
> [000]. [001]. [002]. [999].
> ---
> testing jfs filesystem ...
> [000]* (jfs format failed)

> root@woei-desktop2:~/src# ./testfs.sh -t -D /dev/loop0 -M /mnt
> Linux-VServer FS Test [V0.18] Copyright (C) 2005-2007 H.Poetzl
> Linux 2.6.22.14 i686/0.30.214
> VCI:  0002:0200 273 03000716 (ID24)
> ---
> testing ext2 filesystem ...
> [000]. [001]. [002]. [999].
> ---
> testing ext3 filesystem ...
> [000]. [001]. [002]. [999].
> ---
> testing xfs filesystem ...
> [000]* (xfs format failed)
> ---
> testing reiser filesystem ...
> [000]. [001]. [002]. [999].
> ---
> testing jfs filesystem ...
> [000]* (jfs format failed)

those need some filesystem utilities to work,
I assume you do not have them instaled

as ext2/3 skips pretty soon too, I would also
suspect that your /dev/loop0 isn't configured
properly ...

> It seems to fail on xfs and jfs filesystem.
> Do let me know if I should file a bug or not.

make sure that you have the filesystem utilities
for the various filesystems installed and that
they are supported by the kernel ...

adding -v or -vv or even -vvv to the above line
might give some more clues ...