Subject: CentOS 6 client on Debian 5.0.8 and also CentOS 5 host failes with "Error performing checksum"
From: Guenther Fuchs <vserver@muh.at>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 12:56:24 +0200

Has anyone yet managed to install a CO6 guest system on a debian host?
What I've done is copying the co5 distribution files to e co6 directory,
replaced the 5 referenses in the repo file with 6 references and then
simply tried to start a buld command. After additionally uncommenting
the addon repo (not existing in 6) I ran into this error

|http://[each centos-repo]-primary.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -3] Error
performing checksum

What I found on googling after that error is, that it may have to do
something with sha modules shipped with debian (5.0.8) and obviousely
same on CentOS 5 host, but I could'nt really figure out the solution.
Anyone having a hint ore maybe already a solution to this for me?

--
greez,

Guenther Fuchs