Subject: Sysctl settings for a vserver client
From: "James Miller" <jimm@simutronics.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 13:14:55 -0600

Hi everyone,

I'm have a vserver host running a 2.6.18 kernel, so it doesn't support the
per guest sysctl settings (that require >=2.6.19 kernel).  How would I go
about setting a per guest sysctl setting of 'kernel.core_pattern=core.%e%p'?
On the guest, when I run 'sysctl -w kernel.core_pattern=core.%e%p' I get
'error: "Operation not permitted" setting key "kernel.core_pattern"'.  I'm
not worried about the guest being compromised so I wouldn't mind allowing
that permission but I'm not sure which permission I need to re-enable on the
guest.

One thing I did notice is that if I set that value on the host the guest
seemed to inherit the value -- is that correct?

--Jim