Subject: Re: [vserver] Problem with delete vserver with SYS_ADMIN set
From: Steve Kieu <msh.computing@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 14:29:01 +1000
Sun, 28 Aug 2011 14:29:01 +1000

> actually I'm wondering why you have those umountroot
> links in /etc/rc6.d, because IIRC, they are removed
> at guest install time (as they do not make sense in
> a Linux-VServer setup)

Probably debian vserver utils bug. This one is build from vserver command
using method debootstrap

Yeah I think it would behave the same in x86 (did not tets it yet) last time
I try to do that on x86 arch but now I remember the vserver is not debian
debootstrap built, but a centos template origin from openvz template and
centos thing does not have such init scripts.

Thanks a lot for help, hints, etc..

cheers

--
Steve Kieu

actually I'm wondering why you have those umountroot
links in /etc/rc6.d, because IIRC, they are removed
at guest install time (as they do not make sense in
a Linux-VServer setup)

Probably debian vserver utils bug. This one is build from vserver command using method debootstrap

Yeah I think it would behave the same in x86 (did not tets it yet) last time I try to do that on x86 arch but now I remember the vserver is not debian debootstrap built, but a centos template origin from openvz template and centos thing does not have such init scripts.

Thanks a lot for help, hints, etc..

cheers

so, basically you might just have missed to clean up
the guest in the first place

> Thank you very much for your help.

> If someone know why it does not happen with x86 I still
> want to hear :-)

I'm pretty sure that if an x86 guest executes the
remount it will cause the very same issue (which
actually isn't a bug per se, as you can expect it
to happen when you give mount/remount permissions
to the guest :)

glad it could be resolved,
Herbert

> cheers,