Subject: Re: [vserver] Problem with delete vserver with SYS_ADMIN set
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 13:32:16 +0200

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 12:48:09PM +1000, Steve Kieu wrote:
> Hello everyone,

> As an effort to use sshfs inside guest I added like below

> cat  /etc/vservers/devel/ccapabilities
> SECURE_MOUNT
> SECURE_REMOUNT
> BINARY_MOUNT

> cat /etc/vservers/devel/bcapabilities
> SYS_ADMIN

why would you give/require SYS_ADMIN?
(this basically allows the guest to mess with the host)

> I have not test the sshfs if it works yet, but when starting
> the vserver, stop it and try to delete it, I got a whole binch
> of error:

> /bin/rm: cannot remove `/var/lib/vservers/test/var/cache/man/ko/cat1':
> Read-only file system
> /bin/rm: cannot remove `/var/lib/vservers/test/var/cache/man/ko/cat5':
> Read-only file system
> /bin/rm: cannot remove `/var/lib/vservers/test/var/cache/man/index.db':
> Read-only file system

> The file in /etc/vservers/test is removed cleanly.

> I can only remove the file if I restart the physical host which is bad.

> Remove SYS_ADMIN - problem is still

> Change the file system mounted at /var/lib/vservers from ext4
> to ext3, still

> Remove the mount option tag - still

> so I am not sure if it is known bug and there is any patch, any
> work around for this?

> This is debian 6 system running on sparc machine using standard
> debian vserver kernel

> # uname -a
> Linux XXX 2.6.32-5-vserver-sparc64 #1 SMP Tue Jun 14 13:58:11
> UTC 2011 sparc64 GNU/Linux

please try with a recent kernel, e.g. 2.6.38.8 or even
better with a 3.0.x kernel (and the appropriate Linux-
VServer patch)

could be a sparc/64 related issue, to me it looks like
certain filesystem flags (xattrs) get messed up, but
there is no point in testing with a debian kernel

TIA,
Herbert