Subject: Centos guest rsyslogd hangs on stop
From: Christian Balzer <chibi@gol.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 19:03:01 +0900

Hello,

10 months ago somebody asked the same question, w/o any answer.

When stopping a CentOS 5.6 guest rsyslogd never stops, even in the killall
phase until the vserver wrapper gets tired of waiting and kills it off
after 30 seconds or so.

Interestingly enough if one logs into the guest, restarts (init.d)
rsyslogd there, logs out and does the vserver stop dance then, it works
flawlessly. This smells of something very much wanting a console of sorts,
but I'm not really all that clued in about these things.

One option would of course be to hack the init.d script to do kill -9 on
itself, but I'm looking for a config option if possible. Something that
won't be overwritten by the next update.

Regards,

Christian
chibi@gol.com   	Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Communications
http://www.gol.com/