Subject: Re: [vserver] Stable Linux-VServer Release
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 19:28:46 +0200

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 03:36:10PM +0200, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> There have been numerous 'requests' for a new Stable
> release and it seems like the Linux-VServer community
> is willing to 'sponsor' the stabilization process ...

[zapped]

the current status on this is:

                        .32.x  .38.x  3.0.x  Other     $$$ Payed
Tor Rune Skoglund         -      -      X      -
Gordan Bobic              -      X      X      -
John A. Sullivan III      -      -      X      -
Roman Vesely              X      -      -      -       500 USD *
Nikolay Kichukov          X      -      -      -
Michael Auckland          -      -      X      -
Mr Jarry                  -      -      -      X
Corey Wright              -      -      -      X       100 USD ?
Sandino Araico Sánchez    X      -      -      -       200 USD *
Romain Riviere            -      X      X      -
Adrian Reyer              X      X      X      X       800 EUR ?
Lukasz Czarnowski         X      -      -      -       100 USD *
Ed W                      -      -      X      -       500 USD ?
Benedikt Böhm             -      -      X      -       900 EUR ?
Jean-Francois Straeten    -      -      X      -       250 EUR *
Oliver Welter             -      X      X      -       250 EUR *
Oliver Werner             -      -      X      -
Ghislain                  -      -      X      -      1000 EUR ?
Daniel Hokka Zakrisson    -      -      X      -
count/weight            5/756  4/325 12/1823 3/269    1056/3174

so assuming that the promised amounts (marked with ?)
will be received in near future, I see no problem with
a successful stabilization!

both money and votes are now on 3.0.x and with Daniel's
announcement that he will likely backport the majority of
changes during stabilization to the RHEL6-based 2.6.32
branch I think we can make all fractions happy ...

in any case, I've already started to work on 3.0.x
to complete some long outstanding features and I'll
very likely start end of the week with the first step
in the stabilization process, the patch breakdown

thanks,
Herbert