Subject: Question on the FAQ
From: "Ng, Cheon-woei" <cheon-woei.ng@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:56:10 -0800
Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:56:10 -0800
Hi All,

This is my first time visiting the vserver site.  Upon reading the FAQ,
I came across this question:

http://linux-vserver.org/Frequently Asked Questions#Trying to connect to
 a vserver from the host or another vserver on the same host fails

Below is the copy of the question and answer:

Trying to connect to a vserver from the host or another vserver on the
same host fails

strace shows

sin addr=inet addr("xx.xx.xx.xx")}, yy) = -1 EINVAL (Invalid argument)

A: The host/guest cannot communicate with another guest on same host.

*         check all netmasks on all interfaces (do they overlap) ?

*         check policy routing (disable it temporary) ?

*         check that lo is up (Networking within a host/guest always
uses lo interface)

The answer has this line:

The host/guest cannot communicate with another guest on same host

Is this answer just a rephrasing of the question?  Or is this a true
vserver's limitation?

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Woei Ng

Hi All,

This is my first time visiting the vserver site.  Upon reading the FAQ, I came across this question:

http://linux-vserver.org/Frequently Asked Questions#Trying to connect to a vserver from the host or another vserver on the same host fails

Below is the copy of the question and answer:

Trying to connect to a vserver from the host or another vserver on the same host fails

strace shows

sin addr=inet addr("xx.xx.xx.xx")}, yy) = -1 EINVAL (Invalid argument)

A: The host/guest cannot communicate with another guest on same host.