Subject: Re: [vserver] Bad Linux-Vserver (CentOS) kernel?
From: "Roderick A. Anderson" <raanders@cyber-office.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 08:31:54 -0700

Daniel Hokka Zakrisson wrote:
> Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
>> Ed W wrote:
<snip />
>> You got any suggestions on reading/how to/etc. for setting up IPMI that
>> are generic?  Hardware and software needed?
>
> It is a specific hardware feature. It varies depending on manufacturer
> and product. There are no generic instructions, aside from the client
> ones, which tend to be https://<assigned IP>[:<sometimes port>]/ and
> ipmitool.

<egg-on-face>
   Before referring to research that was done several weeks/months/years
   ago one should do a check of current resources.  :-(
</egg-on-face>

A few searches with Google and I found three articles that have me on my
way.  Sorry for the wasted electrons and thanks for the replies Daniel
and Eugen.  They did make things a little clearer.

Rod